I am fortunate that I get to travel all over the USA on business. In this case the flights were the same total price and I am traveling Weds-Fri for business in Pennsylvania. I tagged on a weekend in New York!
- Amtrak from Philadelphia to New York City: $36
- Hotel: $0! Using 30,000 Choice Points and 40,000 Hilton Points
- Local Transport: Subway. Economical and easy in NYC!
- Flights: $0 above what would have been spent anyway!
- Food/Drinks Budget: $100 for the weekend (I have my cheap spots!)
Most of my activities are free this time around. I am planning on:
- Free visit to TWA Terminal at JFK (only open for the day on Sunday!)
- Central Park
- Grand Central Station (I love the building!)
- Meetup with other Points and Miles enthusiasts like me!
New York City, along with New Orleans, is my one of favorite domestic destinations. I always meet interesting people, have a great time, and learn something new. If it weren’t for the weather and the high cost of living I would reside in New York. The weather should also be great in Early October, though.
It has been a while since I have had a fun trip and I am overdue. All work and no play makes for long weeks, months, and years… The whole idea of earning miles and points is to use them!